The Old Bayonne excursion is an important event to discover several charming places and Basque culture in the city of "Art and History". This extra conference event will include:
- A morning 2-hours guided tour of the downtown to discover "Old Bayonne" with the Cathedral and Cloister of Saint-Marie, the forifications, the chocolate tradition and the historical streets.
- A visit of a Chocolat Workshop to discover several subtle types of special chocolates
- A visit of a typical Ham Workshop which presents the ham making process and the traditional methods used, as well as recounting the more colourful parts of the story of ham in Bayonne, and ending with a tasting in a friendly atmosphere
- A typical basque lunch in the traditional Cider House "Tippia"
- A visit of the Basque Museum. It is installed in a house in the late sixteenth century and traces the history of the Basque Country and Bayonne and shows the different cultures and characteristics of Basque society.